The Flashforge Dreamer comes equipped with a plastic/alloy frame and its own Flashprint software that is compatible with both Slic3r and Skeinforge slicing. It comes complete with a USB cable, tool kits made specifically for the 3D printer, two spools of filament and a useful 4GB SD card. Users will find that the software for the printer is compatible on Windows XP, 7 and 8, as well as MAC OS. However, it is not compatible with Linux. The types of filaments that can be used with the system include that of PLA, PVA and ABS. Two of the best features for this machine include an easy to use HD touchscreen that measures at around 3.5 inches and built in WiFi.
- Rather inexpensive in comparison to other 3d printers on the market with similar features
- Comes with two free filament spools, a white ABS and a blue PLA spool
- The build quality of the machine is extremely durable and well made
- Easy to use, even if this happens to be your first 3D printer
- The touch screen is very intuitive and clear
- Very responsive customer service
- While each filament type, PLA, PVA and ABS, all work great, it can sometimes be a bit difficult to get the ABS filament to stick to the plate correctly, though this can be fixed with a bit of tampering or some glue
- While the Flashprint software is generally great, some users might be annoyed by the lack of further software compatibility
- Though the printer is relatively easy to set up, the instruction manual can be tricky to use
- There are times when the filament will get jammed in the head of the machine, which can be frustrating, though is to be expected with any 3D printer
- Can be noisy when in use
Overall, the Flashforge Dreamer is one of the better and more reliable 3D printers available. While there are a couple of negatives, such as limited software capabilities and higher noise-levels when the machine is in use, there are more than enough positive features that make the Dreamer a must buy for those interested in 3D printing. You can get a great deal on FlashForge Dreamer here.